The Worthing HO Racing website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Unported License (except where otherwise noted) 2012-
For preparing my cars I think Greg Braun's site HO Slot Car Racing says it all. Read the detail on his site, but the headlines are:
1. Keep you slot car clean -
2. Use oil sparingly, but use it. A pin-
3. Pick one car and stick with it.
5. Replace worn Pickup Shoes (and keep them clean -
6. Use Silicone Rear Tyres. Keep them clean by rolling on tape.
7. Run in a new car.
These aren't expensive hop-
The only other thing I routinely do is to reduce the thickness of the front tyres. You can buy thinner tyres or (as I do) use a dremel and sandpaper.
Other tuning issues like pick-
Cars, oils and tools ready for the track
Don’t forget to clean the tyres